Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Closing up the hives

Kinda sad, but to tell you the truth I'm ready to close the hives up. Jim is putting the bottom boards in. (We use a screen bottom board, and there is a solid board you insert in the winter.) Since it's going to be warm or at least in the high 50's next week I'm going to try to feed a couple of the hives to get them a little heavier in their honey stores. I've got honey from the wax capings and from the tank that I can feed them. Hopefully they will take it. Other than that I'm going to try to do some market stuff as well as some web stuff. I made a commitment to go to the market every Saturday in December since they are going to be able to close one end it. Hopefully my candles and honey products as well as gift baskets will be enough to have them stop in. There are a few other vendors that are going to participate. I know it's a gamble but after the season we had I could use it.

Time to get to work.

No comments: