Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Button up the Bee Hives



The
weather here is kinda weird. No different than any other day this summer but definitely making it hard to figure out what to do next. I went out to check the weight of each hive once again (I had been feeding a few of them over the last few weeks), and although they took bee feed, they don't weigh any heavier than they did before I started. I'm pretty puzzled at this point. Now what do I do? There are three hives out in the yard I'm pretty worried about. I told Jim I thought I'd better combine what I could putting all their honey stores in one. He said, I'd be making things a whole lot worse.
On the way back to the garage I started to wonder if I could pick the hives up during the winter and move them into the garage for feeding. I mentioned it to Jim and he rolled his eyes. Sometimes I think he thinks I'm crazy, OK, I know he thinks I'm crazy but usually he hides it better than that.

Spent the weekend in the "Prowler" with the girls (Lil & Ava). We had the best time. The girls and I went to the Monroe KOA for their Halloween weekend. Jim wanted to go hunting but thankfully he showed up in the afternoon to give me a hand. I didn't realize the girls would be in two different age groups, so he took Lil while I had Ava and then he stuck around to hand out candy while I went out with the girls.

Never the less they had a phenomenal time. The campground did a great job keeping the kids busy with all kinds of activities that they really enjoyed. From the magic show to the parties to trick or treat time they didn't have a chance to slow down at all. So not only did the bees get buttoned up, but so did the camper for the winter. I hate to see it get put away because we had such a good time, but that gives us a whole lot to look forward to next year!


No comments: