Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Friday, July 21, 2006

New Product Headed to Market


It's here!!! Just got finished packaging the cut comb and chunk honey and they will be in the market first thing tomorrow morning. . .

It's really hard being the beekeeper, the extractor, bottler, packager, labeler, candle maker, and the marketer. (Are those words?) What I'm trying to say it I feel like it takes a ton of work to bring our product to market the way I want to. I'm proud of what we are able to bring out of the bee yard and hope that others will appreciate it as well.


Cut Comb: Ever since I've been down at the farm market people always stop and ask me if I have any comb honey. They either remember it from when they were little or they've heard their parents or grandparent’s talk about it. Well here it is. Straight out of the hive, cut into 1 lb. sections and beautifully as well as carefully packaged just for you.


Chunk Honey - For those of you who want a jar of honey but would like to have a little comb well this is just for you. It looks beautiful on the table and tastes just as good as it looks. . . Yummmmm.

This week we've been busy re-queening a few hives. I got 10 queens via the mail on Wed. and we've been out in the yard every night trying to find the queens we want to replace. Now I'm sure you probably wonder why? Well, after looking at the different hives and how they are growing it's painfully obvious that we have some problems. We also wanted to re-queen the hives that I was able to bring through last winter. I'm thinking we will actually re-queen about 8 of the 30 hives and start two small hives just in case. Jim's been working day and night helping me figure out what the heck I've got going on out there. I'm really glad that he's working out in the bee yard with me. Two minds are better than one.

No comments: