Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Sunny Friday

Can you believe it? We have not had rain for two whole days. After last weekends torrential rains that is totally amazing. When we finally got out to check on the bees we found some not so good stuff. Two more hives just didn't make it. Yes I probably should have combined them. But one week earlier they were doing just fine. They didn't seem to be coming along the same as the rest of them but I can't find a single reason that we should have found what we found. No queen and most of the bees dead. They didn't have enough honey in place to be victims of robbing. I just don't know. Another question to bring to the H.A.S. meeting.

Jim and I leave on Wed. and I'm really looking forward to it. The amount of education provided by this meeting is so good. Because I'm so typically A.D.D. (unless it sparkles I loose interest Jim says) that I don't seem able to retain as much as I need to. I really think because it's so much that my brain is on overload. Having Jim go to the meeting for me is great. He on the other hand never misses a thing and between the two of us I think the bees will be better taken care of.

Worked on new labels for the bears. I'm really very proud of how they turned out and can't wait to bring them to the market this weekend. I also am better prepared to display the candles as well as the new Pina Colada Lip balm I'm bringing. I hope that the weekend turns out good but to be honest every weekend I've been down at the market has been fun. The other vendors make the time getting up early and time spent when it's dead bearable. And meeting new customers who have started to become new friends is really a good thing for me. I love when people come to market and ask questions. Because I'm so new, if I don't know the answer I get their e-mail address and find either the answer out or find somewhere to send them so they can get the answer. The other thing that has been the best has been the number of teachers who have been interested in having me come in and talk to their students. I can't wait. . . . . .Until that happens I always make sure that they have the National Honey Board information website address so they can get further information.

Well I've got to get moving and start getting things loaded up and ready for the market.

Have a bee-autiful day!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: