Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

10 days left.

Good Morning,
Only 10 days left till the world changes, as we know it. Kind of like having a pajama party for thousands of complete strangers. At the end of the night you will either love them or hate them.

Our To Do List:

Embedding the wax for 250 - 300 frames

Paint the remainder boxes

Order Wax to finish out the rest of the deeps (so I suppose I've got to count how many don't have wax at this point)

Pick up the frames from the father in law

Lay out the rest of the boxes in the field


Rotate and split the 6 hives (hoping to be able to split 4 of the six)
(Ooops I forgot, Steve said not to split them until mid May at that point I'll have to remember to order four or 5 extra queens from Paul.)

Pick up some more bee feed. 13 pounds of sugar for each hive. . .that only makes 3 gallons of feed. Last year each hive probably went through about 10-15 gallons. (Starting without drawn comb:( )

Now that might not sound like a whole lot but most of it has got to be done this weekend. With the hours we work it doesn't leave much time for chores at the end of every day.

I'm sure I forgot stuff, but I can't keep thinking about it, I get a real big headache.

Have a Great Day!!

No comments: