Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bees are all the Buzz in the News

Wow, every time I turn on the TV there is something new about what the bees are going through. It's great that people are finally seeing how valuable the bees really are, but it's also really hard to watch. We did have a cold snap here, but the only really good thing was that while it was warm we managed to get feeders on the hives and they took about a gallon of feed each. So I think that should help tide them over while we go through this cold spell. As a beekeeper so many things go through your mind when you think about what you need to do to keep the bees happy and healthy. If it wouldn't have been for Jim stepping in while I was sick I don't know if we would be in the position we are in. He brought the hives down to one story and put feeders on all of them. By doing that it will cut down on the space they need to heat and hopefully they were able to store up a little more feed. I did see some pollen go in the hives on the nice days, I just don't know how much actually got stored.

No comments: