Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

New Photo's


Well a friend of ours Steve Million created the neatest thing for the entry to the bee yard. He took some scrap metal pieces, soldered them together and then created the centerpiece which is the bee hive and the metal, nuts and bolt bee.

I had to include these photo's because I'm sure that everyone else would appreciate his talent as much as we do.






























The bees are slowing down a bit, and I'm not sure if it's because of all the rain we had. . .over 16 days with only two let ups in between or what.

I'm not really too sure. I did finally figure out which hive swarmed and am in the middle of trying to figure out how to fix that situation. Jim and I spent a few hours out in the yard on Sunday evening trying to see what was going on and to tell you the truth I was pretty dissapointed with what I found. Some of the hives have not grown much at all and then again there are a few hives that took off like crazy. I know it's time to do some serious thinking about what's best for the yard and figure out if I need to combine some hives or if I need to get a few new queens to boost the size up.

No comments: