Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tree Planting and Hive Home Finding

Yes I passed my Yoga Certification, honestly I was totally stressed over the test part but the part I wanted to learn most about was specifically how I could practice Yoga myself. I feel good about that part. I know that flexibility is a major issue with me and hopefully this will help. Coming up on fifty is a good thing I keep telling myself.



When I got home, Jim had been pretty busy and was ready to plant the five apple trees I brought home last week. He also decided that we better start to figure out where the hives were going to be in the field. So off we went. As usual Jim did most of the work and I got some really great pictures of him doing the work. He really hates the camera, but I convinced him that it was really important that we document everything. . . .:)




I went to the local nursery and they told me that since we have primarily clay, (great) that I should stay away from any fruits with pits. So there went my dreams of cherries and peaches. But I did get a very nice variety of five different apple trees. I would like to get a couple of pear trees as well, but for now I think Jim thinks I should be happy I got the apple trees.


Originally we looked at putting the hives right behind the hives that are already there but after we looked at it we decided to place them in front of them. It wasn't real easy trying to find out the best place for them. All in all I think we did pretty good. Steve Million told us that we could put a few hives on his property as well so we only need temporary housing for about 3 of the hives for now. . . . .I wonder how you move them once you get them set up . . . mmmmmm I feel a call to Uncle Ted coming up.

So much to learn.

No comments: