Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

One Week Delay

Well yesterday I just got a phone call from the "Head" Bee Wrangler, (I hope he doesn't mind being referred to that way, it was that or Head Beeboy, i.e. Cowboy) and I found out that the queens aren't in the best shape for shipment right now and that I will now look forward to seeing them arrive on the 22nd.

I have to admit that at first I was a bit down, until I realized that I'm really not ready enough for the arrival. Poor Jim has been putting metal on top of the top covers and now swears that he will never willingly do that again. He just ended up going back to Lowes to pick up more paint and I think nails.

The good new is that we did place 8 or 9 of the new homes out in the field. Because of all the paint fumes I really wanted them all out at least a week ahead of time. They really do need to air out.

Jim was heading out the door and stopped to let me know that one of the "girls" had gotten a tad lost and ended up in the house. I shooed her outside and hopefully she will find her way back home. I'll check the feeders this afternoon to make sure that all is well.

More pictures to follow later.

No comments: