Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23, 2014 The Nuc Box

So today the weather was calmer and I headed out to the yard to check on the nuc.  I opened the top of the box and flipped the inner cover around so they could have access to coming and going with a small opening rather than have the bottom board set up wide open.  I put a stick underneath the top of the box lid cause I had some goofy bees that were not smart enough to realize once the top was closed they would be squished.  (Yikes)  Anyway when I turned the inner cover over I checked on the bees and they were pretty calm and quiet.  That usually is a good sign.  Jim had all the bee stuff in his truck so I could not poke around at all to make sure she was ok, hopefully when he comes home I will be able to check things out and I will let you know what we found later.

Inner Cover with screen over the hole.

Bees around the queen cage which is between
frame two and three from the top.


No comments: