Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Friday, June 06, 2008

Time for a break:)

Today is a day of reflection. Last night we went to Perrysburg for the very first time and I had a blast. I got the opportunity to meet a whole bunch of really nice folks and talked to a ton of kids who learned a little more about bees than they knew when they stopped at my booth. I realize that I love what I do, I love working with the bees and I love meeting folks and talking bee talk, I know there are a whole lot of people who aren't happy with what they do and that makes me appreciate what I do even more.:)

I did have one big disappointment last night, while I was closing up I dropped a whole case (12 - 2 lb.) jars of honey all over the sidewalk. I have to admit I was pretty stressed before I got there, worrying that I would have what people wanted, and worried that I wouldn't do great and just in general worried. The bee yard and what's going on there has also been on my mind as well. Anyway, I got sloppy, I placed the jars in a place I shouldn't have and whoosh down they went. It was late and there was not a store open. My friend Lori (Homestead Soaps) came down right away and gave me a hug and started to help me pick up all the glass. I was worried sick that little feet might end up coming in contact with my glass. We got it all up but no matter how much we tried there was no way for us to get the honey up. I used one of my display tablecloths and that didn't help at all. So all the way home once again I worried that the poor store owner would not be too happy with me. I sure wish there was something I could have done.

What did I learn? MMMMM. . . well, I have to sloooooow down, and I've got to figure out a better way to load and unload. It's just another challenge and lord knows, I've had my share and managed to overcome worse things. . . I'll ask Jim, he knows everything!

Gotta bottle some more honey and clean a few bee boxes before the night ends. I'm still getting comb honey boxes ready to put on the last few hives that I think that will produce comb this year. . . .

See you at market tomorrow:)



No comments: