Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

First day back at Market



Well the Market was wonderful and getting to see everyone down at the market just made my day. To be honest getting up in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday wasn’t my favorite part, either was the loading and unloading of all my products but once I got everything all set up and the people started to arrive it felt like I was home.
I didn’t get to bring all of the products I usually bring to market but never the less I did manage to make people happy who were waiting for me to come back to the market. Of course my lip balm went flying off the table and the whipped honey was gone just as fast as I could pull them out of the box.
The vendors are all starting to come back to market and I’m enclosing some pictures to show you what you can expect to see at the market. Flowers are in right now and with Mothers day coming up here is your chance to come on down, support a local farmer and plant either your own flower or vegetable garden or even better, plant your mom’s flower garden. The vegetable plants are in as well and the hydroponic vendor was there with all of his fresh veggies, beautiful lettuce like you only see at the peak of the season.
My buddy Floyds brother and sister in law stopped at my table to visit and and told me next week they would be bringing fresh asparagus in so if you’ve been waiting for asparagus here is your chance. Yes I know we are supposed to have snow this week but they are going to harvest before the weather turns bad. Yipeee.
We are expanding the market so that it not only is going to operate on Saturdays down at the farm market but the market will once again be open at Westgate in front of Elder-Beerman on May 7th hours are from 4 – 7 p.m. One more market will open in Waterville on May 27th from 4-7 p.m.

No comments: