Wines Bee Yard Home Page

After reading our blog if you can return to our web site!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Market Day - Toledo Farmers Market

Spinach nightmare . . I got to the market today and what did I see. A reporter in the parking lot just waiting to ask people about the spinach e-coli issue. I was a little worried about how it would be taken by the farmers in the market as well as the people who visit us. It was over before I even noticed. I looked around and they were gone. We obviously didn't have a big enough reaction to warrant their trip there.

Market went good today. I sold out of all the honey I brought to market by 11:30. My location was moved and I was worried that it would hurt me, but it seems to have worked the other way around. Today I realized that the market would be coming to and end soon, and to tell you the truth I really felt pretty sad about it. I'll miss the people I've gotten to know, and I have no idea, how I'll ever be able to sleep in on a Saturday morning. (Ok, maybe that's just a little too far of a stretch) But I really do mean I'll miss the other vendors as well as all of the people who come to the market to support it.

Bee update. It's raining and they are crabby. And I mean crabby. I headed out the the yard when I got home and I didn't see one smiling face. I can imagine they don't like the rain any more than I do. I did take some new photo's of the market and hopefully I can get them posted tomorrow.

I also have a ton of whipped honey to make. I'm going to try a batch of just regular to see how it turns out, but I think I've got to make around 12 batches which is over 208 jars. . . Then of course the labeling. Is it winter yet??????????????????????

No comments: